Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pumped

I had a pure life moment yesterday.

I rarely flip through the Dallas Morning News' "Guide" section. You know...the special Friday insert section that lists all the events happening in the MetroPlex for the next week? That section seems tailored to the...hmmmm...younger set. But this week it had a history of the U2 shows over the last 20 years that interested me so I read that article (the supergroup plays here tonight).

And then on the opposite page was a headline: "Concerts This Week." Again, seems so tailored to the...hmmmm...younger set. But I thought I read the following words:

Social.
Distortion.

I re-read it, just to be sure.

Again:

Social.
Distortion.
Granada Theatre.
Monday.
8PM.
Tickets available.

The Ramones and Sex Pistols were so untouchable in my youth (they never came to Alabama. Odd, but true.), but Social Distortion carried me through college.

They're still at it.
They're playing in my town.

I'm SO there.

Social D.
Granada.
Monday.
8PM.
One less ticket available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home