Monday, October 24, 2005

Birmingham Chron, Day 2

More thoughts on the Magic City (the age-old slogan that business leaders are currently trying to resurrect...apparently the Magic City needs a bit o' magic) travails:

...on Sundays when I'm not at work, I find that my mind reminds me of where I'm supposed to be at certain times. Like when I looked at a clock at 4:30PM, my brain went, "This game will never finish before you have to leave for church." That kind of stuff.

...I have a lot more time to read as much as my mom sleeps and since my computer isn't working up to snuff. I really am not sure I want to face the latter implications on that...but I'll finish another book today, making it three books in three days. Two of them have been really good, one, not so much.

...Yesterday on my trip to CompUSA for some advice (which didn't solve anything other than highlighting the obvious reality that my computer is old and needs some TLC) I passed a very large and prominent Baptist church as services ended. Now I know what people feel like when they have to sit in traffic because of OUR church. I'd never realized that before.

...all my teams keep missing field goals they need to help them win the games.

...There's never a good way to talk about Living Wills, Power of Attorney, funeral stuff, and future arrangements in a "what if?" context, but my Mom and I had a pretty good "business" meeting. It helps if there really isn't that much to the "business," too.

...last night's World Series game was big on dramatics. Again, I can't see why the general populace thinks baseball is boring.

...Sometimes sitting in a room watching television shows with your mom (watching shows she likes) is the best way you can spend your time on a Sunday evening. Even if the fare was Desperate Housewives (not sure I see the huge interest in that show) and Gray's Anatomy (very underrated show). I went to bed before the Alabama and Auburn coaches reviewed their games after the news.

...Milo's sweet tea is one heck of a guilty pleasure.

Well, got a couple of doctor visits today with Mom, so I'd better get to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home