Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Don't Like Mondays

My Mondays have become days of recovery.

I'm too tired to read. I don't think clearly. I don't sleep well on Sunday nights. Ministry "business" has a way of creeping in here and there. I didn't get to see the movie "Elizabethtown" yesterday, but I still want to. I did get to do lunch with my wife and have dinner & good conversation (non-job related; re: normal stuff) with people I genuinely like. But, by and large, I feel like I walk around in a fog on Mondays.

It feels as if "strange things are afoot at the Circle K," too.

I want to have a hobby.
I want to do more than sleep and watch TV.
I want to use the time to write.
I want to give my wife the very best attention I can on that day.
I want to have the coffees I have with my daughters to be as profitable as possible for both of us.

But, my Mondays have become days of recovery.

I don't dig them, but I need them.

Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home