Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Get Ta Know Meh!

My friend Stephanie (who I have fond memories of taking my entire youth group to come see a command performance of her in the leading role of Juliet when she was in high school...and also saw God at work in various ways in her life, but none as vividly as in a hospital in Haiti) said on her blog she wanted me to take part in the following deal. So, here goes:

5 things I plan to do before I die (not necessarily in any order):
1) Get my doctorate and teach a seminary class on youth ministry.
2) See a baseball game in every major league park.
3) Give my wife the honeymoon and engagement ring she deserves and never got either.
4) Write the darn children's book (and now it's maybe a series).
5) Become as interesting and cool as my higher-order life-liver sister Jilly.

5 things I can do:
1) juggle.
2) read a book a week.
3) compute batting averages in my head almost instantaneously if I have hits and at-bats, as well as convert partial season stats into full season stats upon hearing them.
4) grill all sorts of meats and veggies on the grill.
5) the dishes pretty much every night.

5 things I cannot do:
1) higher mathmatics (read: anything beyond basic baseball necessities).
2) remained disciplined regarding any diet for more than a month.
3) tolerate bigotry and racism in any form.
4) make lots of money.
5) sit through an opera or listen to country music (exception: Johnny Cash, my dad's favorite).

5 things that attract me to members of the opposite sex (I'm a guy, hence I will avoid the obvious):
1) intelligence.
2) sense of humor (which I firmly believe goes hand-in-hand with intelligence).
3) an "artistic bent."
4) Eyes that "dance."
5) an exquisite beauty that has some strangeness in the proportion (an Edgar Allen Poe phrase I read in high school and never forgot).

5 things I say most often:
1) That sucks more than anything has sucked before.
2) So, what's God teachin' you these days? (ask any of my teens and former teens if this isn't true)
3) What up? (no "what's," and you have to nod your chin)
4) Hey, rock star.
5) You rock my whole face right off.

5 celebrity crushes (and I believe you'll find a consistency with my other "attraction" question) :
1) Tina Fey.
2) Cindy Crawford.
3) Julia Roberts.
4) Gwen Stefani.
5) (tie) Natalie Portman & Jennifer Garner.

5 people I want to do this (that weren't on Steph's list):
1) Katherine.
2) my staff.
3) Bailey & Keila.
4) My "seniors '06" bloggers.
5) Kelsey and Shelby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home