Friday, October 28, 2005

Birmingham Chron, Wrap Up

Blogging from Big D again...my recliner, my dog on the footrest, my coffee made in my machine my way, family snug in their beds...

..."Business discussions" take longer than one or two meetings when talking about what you want your mom wants to do with regard to "her affairs." I think there will be many more discussions along the way. No matter what is said or what direction they take, they're horrible conversations to have because of the overtone: Someone's needing to get their affairs in order.

...maybe it was two "business discussions" in four days, or maybe it was yesterday morning's overtones, but I was terribly ready to get out of that town. Needless to say, I was flying stand-by and got bumped off the 1:05PM flight, so I got the pleasure of hanging out in the lobby for three more hours. Even with that reality, I still got home 4 hours faster than if I had been driving.

...how come my wireless internet worked in the freaking airport but not two feet from my mom's wireless router?

...iPods are great on airplanes anyway, but especially good when you want to be alone and not deal with anybody because you've had business discussions and been bumped from a flight.

...for some strange reason, my left ear gets VERY clogged when I fly on airplanes. Last night at around 9:00PM, I yawned or something (like I had been for the last several hours) and there was this sound like when you pull the stopper out of the bathtub, then it hurt for a couple of seconds, then it cleared up. No matter what I do, it takes about two or three hours for it to clear up every time I fly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

...this I know: Work doesn't seem all that important right now.

...I'm sick of business discussions, chemo treatment delays, wigs & hats, talking to doctors and...well...cancer. And it isn't even happening to me. I officially cannot fathom what my mom is going through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home