Sunday, October 07, 2007

Can't We Just Have Church?

I'm not feeling very missional today.
Nor relevant.
Nor emergent.
Nor convergent.
I'm wondering if 3:16 are really the numbers of hope.
I'm wondering if I'm in a pit I need to get out of.
I'm wondering if I really have any giants I need to be facing.
I'm wondering if every day really does deserve a chance.
I'm wondering if I have quiet strength.
I'm wondering if my mind really is a battlefield.
I'm wondering if my heart's really wild enough.
I'm wondering if my purposes are really driven.
I'm wondering if my best life is now.
And I'm wondering if I can really become a better me.
I'm wondering if my love languages can really express heartfelt commitment to my mate.
I'm wondering if unveiling a woman's soul is really captivating.
I'm wondering if I can really take 8 steps to no regrets if I interview my daughter's date.
I'm wondering if I can really handle the powerful emotion of anger in a healthy way.

Sometimes...

...when I browse in Christian retail establishments...

...I wonder if maybe they should just stock a bunch of Bibles.

Well, those...

...and the full-blown box sets of Veggie Tales. These, I like.

And I wonder why I even have the slightest interest in adding to this mix. If for no other reason, this is why I should just stick to The Diner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home