Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What A Week I'll Have

I've walked the dog...who has since gone back to bed.
I'm sitting in my recliner.
I've got a cup of coffee.
I've flipped through the Dallas Morning News.
I've spent some time reading the Bible.

No one else is up yet.

But they will be.

And this week is one of the busiest we have in our home.

See, it's "tech week" for my youngest daughter's recital. The big year-ending performance is Friday and Saturday...and since she's in a whole bunch of dances, with modern and jazz and ballet and the whole deal, she'll be be up at the recital location working on final dance rehearsals, where to stand, change areas and the like. It takes loads of work. She'll be gone--requiring Tracy's presence as well--pretty much from 9AM until 9PM. The performance is on Friday night.

And, it's "Juarez week" for me and my oldest daughter. This year over 130 people will be going to build homes for the less-fortunate in Juarez, Mexico...and it's a logistics nightmare. Hotel rooms for advance teams, main teams, bus companies, van rentals, water (which weight 8.1 pounds per gallon and we'll need well over 1000 gallons), trailers, tents, camp benches...not to mention paperwork to cross the border which all has to be signed and notarized and all that jazz. The advance team leaves on Saturday morning, and the main team on Sunday.

And, I'll be performing a wedding immediately upon my return.

So, I'll be busy. We'll be busy. But it's a "good" busy.

But, I think I'll stay here in my recliner a bit longer.
And sip my coffee slowly.

Because once I get up...
...it all starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home