Thursday, May 25, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that Congress should never even have to consider passing a law that keeps people from PROTESTING AT MILITARY FUNERALS. You've got to be kidding me.
...that spending the afternoon at a major league baseball game is something that never gets old to me, even if the team loses.
...that people who think baseball is slow must never have decided to watch the last 4 minutes of an NBA playoff game.
...you can feel the vibe in the community's air on the last day of school.
...that while I may have been involved in a senior prank in high school, it never hit my brain to lace muffins with marijuana and put them in the teacher's lounge. 19 people went to the hospital thinking they were sick, and I hope they punish the teens who did it to the fullest extent of the law. So, I "get" senior pranks. This was a crime.
...that two people from Birmingham have won American Idol. At least that's what the Birmingham papers were saying today. And apparently a third came in 2nd in one of the shows. That city must have some smokin' karaoke.
...once you get into week 4 of a diet, it gets a little easier.
...that I'm wondering what kind of thought process I've developed when I watch the news and say, "Good, it's only going up to 94 today."
...that once again, my fear of technology has been overridden. DVR is a pretty nifty little invention. I fought it for the longest time...and now I'm digging it.
...that my wife cracks me up when watching the season finale of LOST. I don't watch it, but at the end she was saying things like "Uh-uh" and "no way" at the end of the show. She's into it and it's pretty cute. Generally, I don't talk to TV unless it involves an Auburn football game and the team needs my help.
...I'm reading another book about the JFK assasination. This makes 7. I haven't solved it yet, but I'm getting closer.
...that teacher's don't get enough thanks.
...I've had three nights in a row at home after 7PM, and for some reason I can't remember the last time that happened.
...Shelby's dance recital stuff is coming up and now that she can do nothing but dance all day with no school responsibilities, she'll be one happy camper.
...that it's Kelsey's last day of middle school. Ma Deb was right: "The days are long but the years are short." Kelsey's celebrating appropriately by going to a local eatery with friends upon early release. I hope they tip well.
...that the garage STILL needs to be cleaned out. I don't understand why I let it get that way or why I loathe cleaning it.
...we're taking over 130 people to Mexico to build homes for the homeless and I KNOW it'll be all worth it when it's over. But, the logistics of camping out and feeding/watering all those folks for a 5 days in-country are mind-boggling at the moment.
...I want to see "Over the Hedge" soon. I really do enjoy those kinds of cartoon/movies, and I haven't even been to a theater since...well...I can't remember the last movie I saw there.
...there are five weddings this summer of my former students. That's really not too bad (sometimes it's been higher), although I can't attend them all, which bums me out.
...well, I gotta get to the office. There's work to be done.
...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home