Saturday, April 26, 2008

Downtown

I was downtown last night on (Proud Dad Alert upcoming) dad duty as Kid1 was inducted into the National Honor Society at her school.

We got to tour the 55-million dollar Booker T. Washington School for the Visual and Performing Arts...and I was staggered by the windows that allowed for views of the downtown skyline.

I can fully understand why that visual is inspirational, too. I mean, I know mountains do it for some people. Large bodies of water for others. But for me, downtown skylines, man. Almost any downtown skyline.

And I was thankful my kid gets her education in such an inspirational place. I can't give them much that requires money, but I'm glad we make the sacrifices we do so she can have that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home