Monday, April 21, 2008

Peculiar

So, this morning, Kid1 became a commuter.

As in...she commutes. She had to make sure she had enough gasoline for the trip. She has a parking place waiting for her in a downtown lot.

For me to go to work, I drive about 4 miles. It takes 10 minutes.

For her to go to school, she has to get on take I-35E South to the Woodall-Rogers Freeway and then exit in the Dallas Arts District. It should take 45 minutes (longer if there are wrecks). She'll repeat the process on the return trip. She'll be sitting in traffic daily both ways (but she will have a friend ride with her soon so she can take advantage of the HOV lanes, which will help)...which I don't envy.

But she said her first class today has a view of buildings downtown. That I kinda wish I had. The view...not the class.

It all seems so strange...like the roles are reversed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home