Monday, April 14, 2008

Little Things That Make Me Happy

...when the new technology you purchased works precisely as it's supposed to work immediately after taking it out of the box.
...when you buy new music and it's better than you hoped or expected.
...when somebody comes up and tells me that the sermon I gave months ago affected their life in a positive way.
...when you decide you just gotta have a banana split from Braum's Ice Cream, hurry to the store because you think it's about to close, only to discover that not only is it open later than you thought but the particular employee makes an excellent banana split.
...when you just got finished with yard work and somebody says, "Hey, your yard is looking really good."
...when Tracy gets around her best friends and they get carried away with laughter.
...when I look at pictures of the girls from about 10 or 12 years ago after not doing that for about six months.
...when I watch old videos we made of family or friends or events. Doesn't matter of what or who.
...when my car starts and the air conditioner works, because it hasn't been that long ago that my vehicles didn't do either predictably.
...when my former students contact me out of the blue, more or less just to say "hello."
...when the movie you go to see turns out to be better than you thought it was going to be.
...hearing other couples talk about how they met and first impressions of each other.
...when Auburn wins, in anything.
...a quiet house with my Bible and my chair and my dog, with coffee.
...when the senior citizens of our church leave church holding hands with their spouse of 40 years and laughing about something.
...when you get a really good idea out of nowhere. Doesn't matter what the idea is, you just know it's good.
...free tickets. Giving or getting. Both are fun.
...having your tax return done a week ago and having electronic filing and direct deposit for your REFUND!
...when you see a great teacher be that great teacher--in whatever form it takes.
...watching your teenage daughters with their friends get excited about whatever it is they're excited about.
...the NHL playoffs. The best one in all of sports.
...a church meeting where you don't have any huge revelations or changes. For our church, it's been a while.
...the sound that plate makes with the fajitas on it coming towards your table.
...when somebody else tells you about the cool new vacation they're going on.
...when you get a gift that you'd never purchase for yourself in a million years but you really want it. Price is irrelevant.

I dunno.

I couldn't think of much else to write about today and I'm in a good mood.

So, what little thing makes you happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home