Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just Giving You All A 'Heads-Up'

An open note to those that give me suggestions about how to fix things at our church:

You know, I see that very same thing.

Yes. We're in agreement that it's something that needs to be tweaked/fixed/erased/started/repackaged/refocused/etc.

Yes. We're on the same page.

And, I'm truly thankful you came to me with a proposed solution.

And, I'm truly thankful that you came to me with an understanding that that proposed solution will likely be tweaked/fixed/erased/started/repackaged/refocused/etc.

Yes. I'm glad we're close enough where you can speak freely with me on this, that and other things.

I just need to let you know one thing:

*motions to draw you closer*
*cuts eyes this way and that to make sure that no one else can hear*
*lowers voice to a whisper*

The solution to that is going to mean that we're going to have to make some changes.
Some very minor...barely even noticeable to the naked eye.
Some moderate.
Some drastic.

But most of those changes are going to be made to our presuppositions and our mindsets. We're going to have to think differently about what we thought we knew and look into some things a little deeper than we have in the past.

So, just know up front, okay?

And be careful what you wish for, okay? Because you're right. And because you're right, you just might get that very thing.

Just be prepared to serve.
Be prepared to love.

And how those things flesh out might be harder to act upon than you think.

Simply letting you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home