Friday, January 04, 2008

Is It Possible To Have A Case Of The Mondays On Friday?

I'll try to describe it as best I can:

Everything seems to be going right. Nothing seems to be going right.
All the puzzle pieces fit together. All the edge pieces must've fallen between the couch cushions and I can't even get started.
I'm hard-charging and energized. I'm bored and lazy.
World events, political and social, are worth caring about and seem to matter a great deal. I couldn't care less about what's going on even in my own town, and certainly not what's going on in Iowa.
I'm moving around the board and the game seems to be fun. I can't seem to find the dice...they weren't in the box.
I seem to be focused. I can't keep a linear thought.
I'm well-rested from my vacation time. I'm tired and have no energy.
I'm trying to be kind. I'm trying not to be their kind.
I've got too much to do. I've got a lot of time on my hands.
I'm laughing all the time lately. I feel like I'm getting a cold and don't want to be around anyone and just want to be quiet.
I'm surrounded by friends. I'm feeling like an outsider.

I could go on.

But what it comes down to is that my days are a lot like this.

Back and forth.

2008 is weird thus far.

Just weird.

It's hard to explain.

So, I'll stop trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home