Thursday, January 03, 2008

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'm doing too much "big picture" thinking these days, wondering about the condition of the universe and my place in it.
...that Kendra won Blogger of the Year in the 2007 Awards and I don't think she read it.
...that when you're in your 40's, playing a series of basketball games leaves you more sore than you thought it was going to, and you thought it would leave you pretty sore.
...that the lady who helped her kid write the fake letter to win the Hannah Montana concert prize from Club Libby Lu is taking a pounding in the press, and I wonder what long-term lessons she'll be learning.
...that I read a column on the opinion page of the Dallas Morning News (wasn't online this morning) where the columnist used a series of examples of interacting with her kids on media and pop culture and asking the question, "So, what's the main lesson we learn from this?" I thought it was good behavior to imitate.
...that I got a new flavor of coffee creamer and it isn't as good and my favorite one (French Vanilla, fat free) but I bought the biggest size because it was on sale. Now I know why it was on sale and I'm committed to it for about two weeks. Dangit.
...that I'm not doing football picks anymore because I've learned that: 1) it's time consuming. 2) The Diner readership doesn't really get into it. 3) I stink at them.
...that last night Kid2 made some pajama pants with a drawstring using on-sale fabric and her new sewing machine and they look really funny/good (the reason the fabric was on-sale was that it was covered with multi/bright colored troll dolls), but she did a great jobon the craftsmanship. I thought this was very cool.
...that there's still something intriguing about finding that really good new band and sharing that information with friends.
...that, for some reason, the Wii has an intergenerational appeal that most video game systems in the past haven't had. I don't know if it's the game choices or what, but senior citizens can play it and enjoy it with their grandkids (I saw it on the news that retirement complexes are using them for precisely that)--which is a stroke of genius.
...that the health club is always more crowded in January. Which I think is good...but it's annoying just the same.
...that I decided to read more fiction this year, and it's interesting how many good writers are out there undiscovered on a big scale.
...that our home is kind of unpredictable when it comes to a particular grocery store purchase. Sometimes, we buy a bunch of bananas and they go in like two days. Other times, the entire bunch turns black on the little banana bunch holder we have. Weird. It also seems to happen with apples.
...that when former students are back in town from college there doesn't seem to be enough time to meet with all of them.
...that every time I try to go to the computer for my calendar and daily to-do lists, it never really works out for me. I wind up going back to the little spiral notebook with big boxes to write in, with an undersized legal pad to cross of what needs to get done.
...that I've got an iTunes gift card and I'm trying to come up with good music to get. Any suggestions? I mean, I've only got room for 35,000 more songs.
...that I don't know why we have a land line anymore. The only calls we get are from telemarketers or people who can't get in touch with us on our cell phones.
...that I'm in the first stages of catching a cold (I can sense it somehow) so I need to get some Cold-eze. For some reason, that stuff always knocks it right out.
...that if you haven't listened to Pastor Nathan's sermon (it was one of his first ones in "big church") you should catch it on iTunes or get it from CBC's website. It was very good...not that I'm surprised.
...that I need to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home