Sunday, December 30, 2007

Diner Football Picks, Bowl Edition, Part IX

Finally! A day where I finished with more wins than losses...at 2-1. Runs the record to 4-10 on the season, meaning I have to go 15-3 to finish ahead of last year, which isn't too likely. Anyway, I figured Wake Forest and Penn State would deliver but I'm kicking myself for picking against Sylvester Croom and the SEC over any Conference USA team. What was I thinking?

Only one game on the docket today before the games get a bit more serious...

Alabama vs. Colorado (+3.5) in the PetroSun Independence Bowl: Alabama's returning to Shreveport for the second year in a row and last year they were a program in chaos playing against a team from the Big 12 on the uptick. Things are a bit different this time around and the news reports out of Alabama are saying that the team is a bit more intense with Saban at the helm. The Buffs can rise up and beat anybody on any given day (ask Oklahoma) and Alabama can be a bit schizophrenic in that they can be impressive (ask Tennessee) or enigmatic (see Louisiana-Monroe). I think today's game will be in the middle for both teams. Bama has a better coach, better talent, and plays better teams week-in & week-out. Diner Prediction: Alabama 23, Colorado 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home