Thursday, December 27, 2007

Diner Football Picks, Bowl Edition, Part VI

This is getting downright embarrassing. I'm picking winners like nobody's business...but nobody's covering the spread. And, if you saw Purdue's last second field goal against Central Michigan you know exactly what I mean. They were up 21 halfway through the 3rd quarter, looking like they would easily cover the 8-point line, only to let the Chippewas come storming back and have to win late. This makes me 1-6 vs. the line. I can only console myself with the reality that I'm 5-2 with winners.

Today's pick:

Texas vs. Arizona State (+2.5) in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl: This Texas team still doesn't look like they've found an identity and as talented as Colt McCoy is as their quarterback and Charles is at running back, they don't match the expectations created in Austin. If the Aggies, on their last legs, could beat this Texas team, the Sun Devils--who've sold out their allotment of tickets and are thrilled to be going to this game--with their scrappy running game and emotional defense could get away with an upset. And, don't even get me started on the reality that the Big 12 powerhouse is only a 2 point favorite over Dennis Erickson's 10-win Pac 10 team. Diner Prediction: Arizona State 27, Texas 24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home