Thursday, December 27, 2007

Identifying With Passive/Aggressive Christmas Angst

This article was a very well-written piece about dealing with an inner dislike of the American Christmas season.

Here's a quote from "The Reject Tree" by Kim Gottschild on this week's Burnside Writer's Collective web page:

"That Christmas spirit simply eluded me. Maybe it was my already hectic schedule or my slightly underactive thyroid, but I just couldn’t get excited at that time of year. Commercials and shows and movies portrayed this gosh-darn perfect Christmas world full of happy and cheerful people with rosy cheeks. And every year, I desperately strived to be like them. But I could never achieve their level of perfect Christmas spirit..."

I'd really like to write something as well as she did here...

...and as thought-provoking.

Really good stuff, if you're asking me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home