Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolved...

In 2007, I only had one resolution: To avoid sodas. And, I DID IT!

Some years, I've had very vague resolutions. They'd be very noble ones, to be sure, but they were idealistic and often immeasurable. You know, stuff like "write a book" or "spend more time with your wife & kids" or "read more Bible." Stuff like that. I didn't exactly follow them to the letter, but I'd do pretty good against them, too. They'd be hard to say I did them. But they'd be difficult to say I didn't do them, either.

Other times, I like to keep it simple and focused...and easily objective. You either do them or you don't. Like "submit one article to YouthWorker Journal" (I was rejected, but I did it, man!) or last year's soda resolution.

2008 is one of those objective years.

So, for this year, I resolve to...

...lose 25 more pounds.
...read 52 books.
...learn 12 songs on the guitar.
...learn to cook breakfast including pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage--the whole bit.
...learn to make a really good chili.

Yep. I think that should do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home