Thursday, January 03, 2008

For Bob

Since The Diner strives to keep our customers happy, one of the patrons requested a football pick for tonight's Orange Bowl. I've got to admit I'm a little gun shy on making football picks as my bowl picks alone are 10-18 and I have no idea why I'm missing them. They seem so logical to me and then I see the scores and the thought that pops into my brain is, "What the heck happened there? I thought that was solid, man."

Oklahoma last night is a perfect example. How does a program in complete dissaray beat a talented Sooner team? Nuts. Just nuts. My only theory is that Stoops underestimates his opponents and the players expect teams without as much history to just play dead. Other than that, I got nothin.'

Anyway, for Bob:

Virginia Tech vs. Kansas (+3) in the FedEx Orange Bowl: It's been an emotional season for the Hokies, while Kansas has had an off-century in college football. The Jayhawks were a controversial pick to even be in Miami (Mizzou certainly deserved it over them) and the question becomes, "Is the third-best team in the Big 12 as good as the best team from the ACC?" After watching Clemson, Virginia, Boston College, all have good showings in their bowls (even in the losses), my guess is that Kansas magical run comes to an end. And they'll likely fade from the college football upper echelon for another 100 years. Diner Prediction: Virginia Tech 23, Kansas 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home