Saturday, January 05, 2008

Diner Football Picks, Bowl Edition, Part XI

Once again, I thought I had a pick nailed. Since when did Kansas play the kind of defense they showed two nights ago? Just goes to show you there's a reason the ACC teams played everybody close this year and lost. Of course, the ACC is kinda like The Diner in their sub-par showing during bowl season. I'm 10-19. Ugh.

Anyway, in a weird bit of scheduling, we get this game before Monday night's matchup:

Rutgers vs. Ball State (+10.5) in the International Bowl: Man, they need a sponsor. Just when I was getting used to some company's name in front of the actual bowl's name, I get this. Anyway, Rutgers has a running back named Ray Rice who gets about 150 yards a game rushing in the Big East Conference. Ball State, playing in their first bowl game in a decade and they've only been to 5 total in their history, is giving up nearly 200 yards per game rushing in the MAC. I think Rutgers, who has a mean pass defense to add to the mix, cruises. Diner Prediction: Rutgers 34, Ball State 17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home