Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that more generic, happy-talk theology can get shown in a one-hour cable television show than you can imagine.
...that I'd really enjoy teaching a class on "art & theology" where I just picked a movie or TV show or music or book that everyone would watch/read/listen before they attended and we'd have coffee and discuss generic, happy-talk theology and line it up with what Scripture really says.
...that I'm pretty excited for my friend Calen, one of my students years ago. He's in a local band named "Raleigh" and I just got a free copy of their new CD (proud moms are the best!). It's a nice blend of current indie styles and very catchy "Beatles-esque" hooks and you can check out their art/work at Raleigh MySpace. Parental advisory, however. There's an explicit lyric on a couple of songs...but let me suggest the song "You Know Better" on the site.
...that my new screen saver pulls the album art off my iTunes and flashes up all the album covers. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy album cover art, which has gotten lost in the size of CD packaging.
...that I just knew that the guy in Man vs. Wild was cheating!
...that when a wanted CD/book/DVD is not where I thought it was, I now head to my teenage girl's rooms first. I've been told by dads of daughters further along the trail than me that the next step is clothes. Thankfully, I have no fashion sense.
...my reading has slowed considerably, but I chalk that up to being monster busy at work these days.
...that the enthusiasm around our church on the yearly middle-school day trip to Hurricane Harbor is palpable.
...that if the teens who are masters at the video game "Guitar Hero" had put as much time into playing guitar as the game, they'd be a genuine guitar hero.
...that I really like the Post-it note feature on my computer.
...that I'm really thankful for friends like Joyce who helped me design a plan to get healthier. It always helps to have an expert talk it through with you.
...that you can put the word "loft" in a real estate ad and bump the price up an extra $100,000. And you can loosely define loft, too. Yes, loft living still appeals to me.
...that it's a punt of sorts when I do these "So, Today I'm Thinking..." posts but I really do have a lot rambling around in my brain on the days I do them.
...that the media days for the SEC football season start today and that's really the sign that real football, as it was meant to be played and recieved by the masses (read: the Southeastern Conference) gets moving in earnest.
...Tracy's heading up to Pennsylvania today with the end result of Kid2 coming home on Sunday morning. Five weeks away from home is a lot longer than it sounds.
...that it's hard to keep a straight face when Paris Hilton talks about how her parents would be proud of "all that she's accomplished" being only 26 years old.
...that I'm giving serious thought to keeping The Diner open only on Saturdays and/or Mondays and devoting more time to a book. On what, exactly, I don't know. But I'm wondering if I shouldn't re-channel those energies a bit.
...that it really does take more than a day to recover from preaching 3 sermons and teaching a class on a different topic.
...that I really need to get on with the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home