Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sermon Prep

I mowed the lawn late yesterday afternoon.
I got a letter from my doctor with the results of my physical (lose a few pounds, eat better and exercise more--my medical insurance provider is on the hook for about $320 for that information. Really.).
I went to a mindless & silly movie with Tracy.
I checked in on Kid1, who was up late awaiting Harry Potter's last volume.
She came in with her purchase and is already halfway through it at the expense of sleep.
I slept a bit later than usual.
It's overcast.
I'll check in on all the blogs and maybe comment here or there.
I'll reheat leftover spaghetti sauce with new noodles for lunch.
I have a couple of books to start.
I'll have a nap at some point.
Tracy doesn't have a photo shoot today so we might bum around some.
Maybe watch the Rangers game some, or maybe take in another mindless movie (there are plenty to choose from).
I'll go to bed comparatively early and fall asleep during Saturday Night Live.

And...

...all the while...

...the sermon I've prepared for tomorrow will be popping into my brain, revealing all the excitement and the doubts and the insecurities and vulnerabilities and inadquacies and joy and responsibility and honor and everything else that comes along with teaching a congregation you love and enjoy serving.

It's a most peculiar experience. And I get it when I teach classes of 10 or 12, too. But not to the degree on days like today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home