Sunday, January 21, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that when the speaker at our Bible conference recommended one hour of media per day (including Mp3, TV, internet, radio, etc.) I couldn't even begin to fathom cutting back to that level. If I just watched the nightly news and blogged, that'd be it!
...the hopefully, when that session is on the Internet, I'll be able to find a loophole.
...my reading pace has slowed to a crawl, and with the busy nature of work lately, I'm not sure there's a way out of that anytime soon.
...that people who think I would tire of the weather if I lived in the Pacific Northwest haven't seen how I've thrived in the last week of Dallas weather.
...that no one should be surprised by HIllary Clinton's presidential desires & actions. She's been preparing for it since she was 5.
...that if your feet start out the day cold, it's hard to get them back to warm over the course of the day.
...I often have little idea of the price of things because we're looking at re-doing our bathrooms, replacing windows and some flooring, and when I "thought out loud" about the overall cost, Tracy gave me that little smile that said, "You're a sweet man, but you have no idea about these kinds of things."
...I'm thinking of taking over the laundry chore at my home, but I learned how to do it from my fraternity brothers, which was basically just wash pretty much everything in cold/cold and use as few quarters as possible. Folding is optional. I borrowed Hollywood's iron if I had a date. I'm not sure that formula works for families, though.
...I'm having little trouble going without soda. De-caffeinated, flavored teas at restaurants fit in fine if I'm not doing the water/lemon thing. It's too early to determine if it's affecting the budget much...but it appears minimal early on. Tea & sodas are pretty close in price. The biggest difference is that I don't pick up a soda after buying gas or groceries.
...I have little interest in the NFL playoffs, but I'd like to see the Saints & Colts in the Super Bowl, given that those are among my options.
...I set up a pretty awesome "rallying" playlist (I stole that term from the Riskey family--you know, when you're tired and you need a boost? You gotta rally. Katherine says it best.) but I don't want to publish it because it's MY playlist. Let's just say you can't go wrong with the Toadies, Chevelle, Stavesacre and Motorhead and others.
...It's into the new year and usually by this time I've already got several penciled in dates for weddings of former students, but this year there's only 3. However, there are several couples on the brink of engagement. I don't think those will get married by summer, though.
...one of the Bible conference speakers made a joke that he had the spiritual sensitivity (referring to his ability to discern God's leadings) of plankton. He got laughs, but from me, at that moment, we were kindred spirits.
...the changes coming at our church are terribly exciting and I hope our members roll in with open minds next week to hear about them. I mean, we all dislike change, even if it's for the best and done with the best of intentions. I'm thrilled about them. Truly thrilled.
...Reverend Lovejoy is by far and away the funniest character on The Simpsons, if you're asking me.
...that I'm wanting to get into the office early today so I can ensure hearing Dr. Hazen today in first service, so I need to get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home