Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day!

I fell asleep before the weather came on the news last night so I was a bit surprised this morning when Lloyd, the greatest of all living dogs, was hesitating before his morning, *ahem*, constitutional. It's our routine. I make the coffee and he sniffs and takes care of business in the yard. Later, I meet him and we get the paper. It all ends when he gets a Milk Bone dog treat and he's back to bed with anyone who happens to still be sleeping. This is everyone but me.

Anyway, after the coffee pot starts I'm headed out and Lloyd is still on the porch, staring at the powdering we got (and are still getting). I coax him to follow me while I get the paper and he takes care of his responsibilities and I come in and check channel 8's scrolling list of closings. Channel 8 is my news of choice.

It took a while, but eventually L.I.S.D. is listed as closed for the day.

So the kids get the day off.

And, for some reason, this makes me happy, even if I still have to go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home