Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So, Today I'm Thinking

...that even though I didn't see the blurbs on the news, I'm not sure what it does exactly but I'm sure it's pretty much awesome, and I'm not really all into gadgets, I already want an iPhone.
...sometimes I can be the most selfish person on the planet.
...my daughters are two increasingly unique people that I like and I truly enjoy hanging out with either of them.
...that our student ministry is going off to Pine Cove this weekend. The weather has been absolutely wonderful so far in 2007 (with highs near 60 and lows in the 40's and sunny) so naturally the first "arctic blast" is set for Sunday with rain predicted for pretty much the entire weekend. It's like Nostradamus plans my outdoor events.
...I haven't had sodas in 10 days, and have cut my coffee intake to two cups (although don't think for a second I won't fire up some decaffienated tea in the afternoon) and have been pretty disciplined in my eating/sleeping habits. I can't descibe how much better I feel.
...my reading has slowed considerably, folks. Lots and lots of work that will pay big dividends in the future but requires lots of time and energy right now. When I get home I just don't have the mental ability to focus on what I'm reading, so I pretty much just watch hockey.
...I'm happy for my friends Mike and Katie who closed on their first home a couple of nights ago. I remember how much fun that was for Tracy and I, and the subsequent home purchase didn't have near the excitement factor the first one did.
...sitting in Starbucks listening to a former student talk about their growth in Christ over hot tea (see, I told you!) might be the best payoff a youth minister can ask for.
...my friend Dave is going to be in the air for 18 hours on a trip to Africa. I'm not sure how well I'd hold up under any type of travel for 18 hours. 12 is about my limit--and that's when I'm doing the driving and we can get out and stop and such so I'm occupied enough. As I figure it, the trip is: Eat. Sleep some. Watch a movie. Read some. Repeat the process 2 more times. Ugh.
...there's a local Christian college that's starting a master's level program in youth ministry. Is it bad to think that I might want to teach a class or two there, maybe at night or something? Of course, I'm not sure the "b" in D.B.U. would be too keen on the long hair, tattoos or poor fashion sense, so I'm not sure it matters.
...I'm pretty excited about my speaking engagement this morning.
...another friend of mine was on a flight to England and her appendix almost burst. They landed in England on time to get her to the hospital, so there weren't complications, but manalive, what a scary thing.
...I'm pretty excited about our communion service we have for student ministry every six weeks or so. It's definitely cool to be a part of 2,000 years of tradition, setting aside some time to focus on His faithfulness to us, and hearing first-hand those kinds of things from the teens and the leaders.
...my bowl predictions went pretty well and for some reason this makes me happy.
...I've got to get some firewood into the garage before the rain comes tomorrow because our family loves the fire. Okay, I enjoy the fire the most, and I definitely like the "real" wood thing. Gas fireplaces don't do it for me, for some reason.
...it's time for me to get on with my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home