Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cluttered, But That's Okay

So much I meant to do during my two weeks off from work.

I didn't clean out my closet (and put in the organizer piece from Lowe's I bought almost a year ago--it's in the garage) and get rid of the extra clothes.

I didn't put the stuff on Craigslist.com I wanted to...the golf clubs, the extra table, the baby crib/dresser/changing table, etc.

I didn't clean out my files from work--but I can kinda let that one go because it would've seemed like work.

I didn't get rid of the excess Christmas junk in the attic.

I didn't get the computer issues resolved completely.

I didn't get the new windows/bathroom renovation thing solved.

I didn't read much at all.

I didn't write at all--other than blogs. Not even in journals.

I didn't do as much as I wanted to with my girls.

I didn't do as much as I wanted to with my wife.

But...

I feel rested for the first time in what seems like a very long time. I didn't even have naps the last few days (which, on vacation, I nap with an excellence few can match).

Rested mentally.

Rested physically.

And somewhat rested spiritually...even though I often wonder what that means. I mean, I always feel like following Christ keeps me on this edge where ultimately He's pleased with me and protecting me with some sort of belay & harness, but there's always some lesson to learn so I'll grow that's preparing me for some vague (but important) mission for the Kingdom. It's hard for me to know what "rested spiritually" entails.

But, I'm rested.

Even if there's still a lot of clutter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home