Thursday, December 28, 2006

When It's Over, Man, It's OVER

There's no rationale to it, really.

At some point I just get it in my brain that Christmas is over and I've have enough of the decor and the season and all that. Once that happens I become a madman getting big blue Tupperware containers out of the garage, refill them with their Christmas contents and get them back in the attic ASAP.

In previous years when we've been to Alabama for Christmas, it waited until around the 29th or 30th...just wanted to enjoy them a little longer.

Last year, it actually waited until New Year's Day. I was in a very Christmassy mood in 2005.

Blame it on the mild December we've had.
Blame it on the busyness this Christmas seemed to hold.
Blame it on whatever you like.

But yesterday, without warning, Christmas was back in the attic by 1PM, and I only forgot the NEW Christmas towels with the snowmen on them in the girls' bathroom.

And I'm glad about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home