Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Apparently, Christmas Kinda Continues With Good Deals

It started out because I needed new pillows.

Kohl's was having a sale and they have pillows. Turns out we got a good deal on pillows.

I also needed jeans. Kohl's was having a sale and they have jeans. Turns out we got a good deal on jeans.

Apparently, I also needed shirts. I disagreed because the ones I have are still fulfilling their function. Tracy disagreed...something about holes and fraying but I tuned out after that. Kohl's was having a sale and they have shirts. Turns out we got a good deal on shirts.

I'm taking Tracy's word on the good deal because she's learned to get me away from the cash register whenever we buy me any clothes. My first reaction is to say that it costs too much and take it all back. I'm a youth pastor. What do I need with new clothes? If the same hairstyle works for two decades, same for the clothes, I say. I couldn't say the same for the pillows. My neck hurt. But, Tracy let me go look at the novelty all-in-one tool things while she rang us out. We both were better people for it.

Then it continued because we have two teenage girls sharing one bathroom and the only storage is under the sink. Apparently, this is a problem.

IKEA was having a sale and they have all sorts of things to solve that problem. Turns out we got a good deal on this cabinet with sliding shelves and all sorts of specially designed boxes to keep brushes and make up and earrings. Turns out we got a good deal on shelving and boxes.

Apparently, the girls needed some stuff to put in all those boxes because they went to a make-up store near IKEA. Turns out we got a good deal on make-up because they were having a sale and they were using gift cards.

Apparently, I'm supposed to be writing a book so I went to half-price books and picked up a book that's supposed to kick-start me into writing one in 30 days. Turns out they were having a sale and I got a good deal on it.

Apparently, the local Cotton Bowl is having a bit of trouble selling tickets to the match-up between Nebraska's Cornhuskers and my beloved Auburn Tigers on New Year's Day. Turns out the news brings up the reality that tickets are on-line & selling for $12. Apparently, the news was correct because we got 4 tickets on the 20-yard-line in the upper deck for $48 total. StubHub gave us a good deal as that little trip would've cost us $360 at face-value.

Pillows.
Pants.
Shirts.
Cabinet.
Make-up.
Book.
Tickets.

Apparently, Christmas Part Deux was yesterday.
And we got good deals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home