Monday, December 18, 2006

Phrases

I don't know why I remember them or where I heard them all or why they stick in my brain, but I'm thinking about certain phrases that I like that I wish would come back in vogue.

For example, when I'd tell my grandmother about a good grade or some other "gold star" moment, she'd respond with a smile and this: "Well, aren't you just the bees knees?"

My other grandmother once described a bad kid in the neighborhood as, "Three miles of bad road and two of it muddy."

I heard a couple of lines in old black & white movies that I think were phrases used during the time:

(saying goodbye) "See ya in the funny papers."

(again, saying goodbye, but in a different context) "Don't take any wooden nickels."

So, what are some of your favorite phrases you wish would make a comeback?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home