Monday, November 20, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that when I saw a guy at the mall Saturday night wearing a button that read "Radical Militant Lutheran" I wondered if that was the same as a "Conservative, Non-Confrontational Baptist." Adam, a little help?
...that the new refrigerator in your kitchen takes a lot of getting used to when you first come around the corner. This one is bigger than the one we got at a Sears "scratch and dent" sale 12 years ago, but small enough to fit in our 20 year-old house's allotted, non-adaptable space for a fridge.
...that my in-laws are coming for the holidays and this will be nice. My mother-in-law is a cook in the traditional "Southern" way of doing it, so it'll be nice to have the bonus fridge as a necessary back up. If you know anything about southern cooking, you fully understand what is meant by that.
...if anyone has tickets to Wednesday's Stars home game or the Cowboys Thanksgiving Day game, well, I'm on vacation, and if you're leaving town, I'll be happy to take either off your hands for you. And, as long as I'm wishing, lottery winnings and HDTV all sound nice, too.
...I need to call the wood guy before the first cold snap. There's a guy I've made exactly 3 phone calls to in my lifetime and I call him, he leaves a half-cord of wood neatly stacked in the allotted space in my back yard, and we leave him a check. I don't ever see him, and it's funny to think you have an wood guy with a cloak of invisibility.
...more movies should be made like Stranger Than Fiction.
...interestingly, there was an editorial in the paper today about the children of Darfur, right when Kid1 was choosing that as the topic for a series of paintings she's about to do.
...one of my daughter's friends went to the dollar movie place, and on half-price Tuesday, purchased the entire house of seats and then handed out tickets to all her friends to go see the show. For about $150 (which is a little more than you might pay for a sleepover with 12 friends, with pizza and snacks and movie rentals) she got to hand out tickets and invite them to go see the Pirates of the Carribbean sequel. I thought it was a fun school vacation idea.
...want yet even more proof that college football needs a playoff system? Michigan, after losing to Ohio State last weekend, is set for a re-match to determine the national championship according to the latest computer rankings. So, lemme get this straight? You don't win your conference title, but you can play for the championship? Auburn wins it's conference title in 2004, but can't? Open letter to whom it may concern: Fix this.
...when I mow, I listen to sermons on my iPod. The podcasts I get for free from all around the country are pretty cool, but I've got a backlog starting because my yard isn't growing as fast. I can't decide whether or not to complain about that.
...I'm still thinking about tattoos to represent my wife & each of my daughters. I don't think my family enjoys the fact I found a tattoo artist who has serious pastor discounts. And, when people who have tattoos say, "They're addicting," well, they aren't exaggerating much.
...I thought about my mom during the Auburn-Alabama game. My family, too. I didn't realize how vivid a memory that would be when we scattered her ashes at midfield (and a small portion where Auburn's team came out) at her alma mater's football stadium.
...my reading has slowed down. I don't know if it's because of age or just current work busy-ness or a level of fatigue, but whenever I sit down with a good book I get really drowsy. What's up with that?
...I think we have to go to IKEA today. I've never been, but I'm kinda excited about it. My higher-order life-liver sister told me she was at Crate & Barrel the other day and I had to send my imagination into overdrive to even picture that. She was also in a mall. My head nearly exploded. I don't have the aversions to malls and mass-marketed trappings Jilly does, but it's close. However, for some reason, I'm curious about IKEA.
...I could go on and on, but I want grab a book while I've got a good jolt of coffee in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home