Monday, October 30, 2006

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...that I'm a sucker for weddings, especially when former students are involved. That never really gets old to me: A teen I built a relationship with around 7 years ago asks me to perform their wedding ceremony. Are you kidding me? And I get to do that same thing two more weekends in a row!
...that I'm a sucker for both my daughters. I really love those kids.
...that I'm a sucker for my wife. I really love that girl.
...that I'm having a hard time getting geared up for the upcoming elections. I have about zero passion for it, and they seem pretty important.
...that Auburn fans have become spoiled. The words "winning ugly" while we compete for conference and national championships now sound silly to those of us who remember when Auburn used to "lose ugly" and never compete for conference and national championships.
...the vibe I'm getting from our congregation is that they're ready to move forward. Of course, I'm always concerned about the things I'm not hearing.
...that Texas is actually having a nice stretch of weather.
...that the first few days of it getting dark earlier makes me happy for some reason. I like "standard" time better than "savings" time.
...that I might get more tattoos.
...that the "stretchy pants" that came on my DVD of "Nacho Libre" was a pretty funny marketing tool.
...that I'm happy Tony Romo did well in his debut as starting quarterback for the Cowboys. I like it when the underdog rises up, whether it's a team or a guy.
...that I couldn't get into the World Series this year. I tried. Really. Just no real good story lines.
...that I'm pretty excited to visit with Joshua and Kristen on Tuesday, with their offspring in tow. We don't see them enough since they moved to San Francisco.
...that my stack of books dwindled a bit and now I'm scrounging around the office to find some good stuff.
...that I have an inherent disdain for committees, but I'm heading one at my church now that might actually do some good things and be pretty creative and innovative if we work it right.
...that it's time to clean out the garage again. I might do that the week of Thanksgiving and include all the Christmas stuff in the haul. We've got a lot of that stuff accumulated over the years we don't use any more.
...that it's hard finding a refrigerator you want to fit in a space (that can't be altered without MAJOR finances) designed for refrigerators of two decades ago.
...that if I clean out the garage and we find the refrigerator we want we can actually have a fridge out there for snacks and sodas and my wife's film needs. I've always seen the "bonus fridge" as a sign of abundance.
...that our little coffee shop at CBC is slowly but surely becoming the place we want it to be.
...that I need to get on with my day of doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home