Monday, October 23, 2006

Midnight...And We're Still Chatting

We've been married over 18 years.

Last night was nothing particularly special: I came in from work, the fam hung out in the den doing fam things, 2/5 of the fam went to their bedrooms to bed, 1/5 fell asleep--as is his custom--in the middle of it all on the cushion on the back of the sofa...

...and Tracy and I chatted.

About this, that and the other things.

We laughed. We attempted to solve problems. We were bewildered at humanity. We listed stuff to do. We figured it out. We muddied the waters. No agenda. No direction. Just took it as it came.

She was in her red chair with her Pine Cove "sweatshirt" blanket over her. I was on the couch with my feet on the coffee table (so as not to disturb the dog on the cushion to my left. I'm already on his list and didn't want to set him off.) in my flannel pants.

It was nothing special.

And it's those moments that I enjoy the most. Just me and the coolest girl I ever met...

...hanging out for a couple of hours.

I really dig her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home