Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Point Proven, Still Bitter

In 2003, LSU won the B.C.S. championship, but yet somehow, U.S.C. won the A.P. vote.

In 2004, U.S.C. beat a highly overrated Oklahoma team, and yet Auburn, the 13-0 best team in the best conference, never got a chance to prove what their 4 first-round NFL draft picks could do against them. Truthfully, Auburn deserved a share of that championship...but apparently the same logic of 2003 doesn't apply when the media of Los Angeles can say whatever they want, uncontested, against the media of east Alabama.

In 2005, Texas beat U.S.C. (with Auburn's former defensive coordinator, I might add)

I maintain that U.S.C. has not won an undisputed NCAA championship over those three years.

I will never be convinced otherwise...and listening to all this garbage about a "three peat" has made me pretty bitter having to hear it continually in the hype of this game. I cannot tell you how glad I am Texas pulled it out because of that.

War Eagle...and I still believe Auburn was the best team in the land in 2004. Tonight only reminded me of that...

...and that the NCAA is desperately in need of an 8 or 16 team playoff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home