Friday, December 30, 2005

Home

Vacation time spent with family is nice. In our case, with both sets of parents in one town, it can get hectic. But it's nice to spend time with them since we only see them a couple of times a year.

The 10.5 hour van ride home was largely uneventful except for the girls laughing out loud while watching my Beavis & Butthead DVD. They had earphones on so we weren't sure what they were laughing at...but it's pretty funny to have relative silence interrupted by belly laughs from a teen & pre-teen in the backseat.

But, today...

My recliner.
My den.
My Dallas Morning News.
My coffee in my pot made my way with my creamer.
My dog in his chair to my left.
My family in their beds.
My routine with no real threat of being interrupted.

Home.

Again, don't get me wrong. Vacation and extended family are nice.

But it's good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home