Thursday, January 05, 2006

From One Teacher To The Rest

From Today's "Zitz" comic strip:



I believe a case could be made that an instructor giving too much homework is a sign of laziness among teachers. Sure, students should bring a better attitude to the classroom and parents should be more involved, blah blah blah

And maybe I've watched too many movies like "Dead Poets' Society" and "Mr. Holland's Opus" and gotten some sort of idealism from it all...

...but I really think that teachers should be able to teach any subject well if you have some 5 hours a week on any subject with any person. I'd LOVE to have 5 hours a week of classroom time with my students. With that amount of time, we could even take breaks for recess and cookies & juice boxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home