Monday, December 19, 2005

Today, 648 Miles Away...

The chemo has been given.
Three months or so of various ups and downs.
A couple of wigs.
I'd bet a million different thoughts...good and bad.
I'd bet a million different emotions...good and bad.
Calls from family, friends and parishoners.
Blood work and blood work and more blood work.

You get the drift.

All day, every day, for three months fighting recurring cancer...

...and today...

...my Mom will sit in a room with her doctor.

He will have CT scan results from September in front of him.

He will have CT scan results from last Friday in front of him.

My mom's husband will hold her hand.

And he will give his interpretation of the results.

There are only three possibilities, really: The cancer has shrunk. The cancer has stayed the same. The cancer has spread.

But, Santa, if you're really up for the Christmas gift I really want...I'll take complete remission if you've got that in your big bag.

Around 9AM today this all goes down in Dr. Barnes' office in Birmingham.

It's 6:32 AM now...and it feels like time is frozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home