Thursday, December 15, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...tomorrow night is our student ministry's progressive dinner, and I enjoy it very much. Sure, it's just an activity. Sure, it gets the kids to dress nicely. But it's really about COMMUNITY. They eat together at their friends' houses. Their parents come and help out in various ways. They laugh together. They do LIFE together.
...I can't imagine King Kong will be a good movie.
...if Francis Schaeffer's theory that the U.S. trends about 30 years behind western Europe is correct, then our entire church should go to Holland with our student ministry to catch a glimpse of their society. We ain't seen nuthin' yet.
...the Foo Fighters are a really good band (I'm burning a mix CD of their greatest hits--without the newest one which I don't have yet--right now).
...it's hard for me to enjoy vacation because I spend the week before and after working about twice as long so I can "enjoy vacation." Weird.
...if I see one more mom "over-momming" her son I'm going to scream.
...I've been in a surprisingly good Christmas mood. I never really had to break out of my traditional Grinch-heart phase.
...I've been thinking about Manhattan lately. I miss the continual vibe that that particular place is on the move around the clock.
...I'm glad hockey season is back.
...I'm glad that the weather here is cold and today--as an added bonus--drizzly. I'm a big fan of dreary weather.
...Last night my senior girls' Bible study went out Christmas caroling, and their small group has major league talent (some are in a choir that won a high school Grammy last year). I didn't hear it because I was at my own study, but I bet those neighbors got some of the best caroling in the history of caroling.
...my friend Bailey fell yesterday in a tumbling accident and requires oral surgery. Not to make this about me, but I think I have found an even greater fear than my fear of dentists: Fear of an oral surgeon.
...is teacher-student sex a new trend or are we just reading more stories about it? If I read one more story about some teacher's sexual interloping with a student I'm going to scream. Maybe it's because I'm overly sensitive to those stories because I'm in a profession that creates a student-teacher repore...but that type of activity is wrong on about 132 different levels.
...I need to go and bring some firewood in so it won't get wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home