Friday, December 09, 2005

Happy Narnia Day!

The big-screen version of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe opens today. I think me and the fam are headed out tonight to watch it...if not, we'll see it tomorrow night. I'm far more interested in seeing this than I was the other movies that have opened with midnight showings recently.

Shelby and I read the book series out loud to each other last summer and so it seems our timing was perfect. Kelsey re-read the first volume over the snow day.

So, in honor of the day, a quote from C.S. Lewis:

"When I was 10, I read (fantasy fiction) stories in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am 50, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home