Monday, December 05, 2005

Post-Sermon Brain Scramble

The 4-sermons-in-one-day deal is done and I'm having a bit of trouble with linear thoughts so I'll just fire off some stream-of-consciousness writing.

My friends Joshua and Kristen are some of my favorite people because they really get the essence of the Christian life.

I haven't taught my teenagers anything in any venue in three weeks. De-toxing is never enjoyable...and I'll have to get my fix on Wednesday and Sunday.

There might be some snow flurries in our area on Wednesday. It was 80 last Saturday.

My friend Caroline is a living, breathing reason that public transportation is well worth the expense. It makes people's lives better and makes me wonder why Texans value their cars so much.

The Cowboys blew the big game yesterday. The Tigers are going to a really good bowl game and might finish their 2nd year in a row in the top-5. Times are good for good old AU football and the future looks good, too.

Coffee with Shelby is one of the best ways to try to get out of post-sermon brain scramble.

I've been reading some really good books lately, none of which are listed on the left. For that matter, I haven't been sticking to my corrective discipline regarding erasing links of bloggers who haven't blogged in a month.

I had a really important meeting at work last Thursday. Times are good for my church, and the future looks good, too.

Chemotherapy is tough on people.

I'm surprisingly in a Christmas kind of mood. I've already watched Elf and Christmas Vacation, and A Charlie Brown Christmas (which comes on Tuesday) usually pushes me right over the edge into full-blown Christmas mood. Normally at this time of year, my Grinch-heart is still three sizes too small.

Sometimes I wish I lived in New York City.

My brain's still tired and I'm tired of typing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home