Friday, December 16, 2005

Devon

Many of you know I have friends serving as missionaries in Haiti. One family, the Shoemakers, have a very close relationship with many in our church, and I have served their family by having our student ministry's teens "adopt" their kids whenever they're home for furlough. So, I'm closer to this situation than most.

But I posted a letter from them regarding an emergency situation with Devon, their 18 year-old son, on the student ministry website (link on the left). For those of you who believe there is a God who is active in our world today, please take the time to pray.

And the stuff revealed in the post shows why missions lifestyles are extremely gutsy and bold and adventuresome and exciting and scary and well...

...a lot like all of our lives I guess. When it comes down to it, we all have to trust God. I guess the reality is we're all trusting Him with different logistics.

Please take the time to read it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home