Saturday, May 21, 2005

Batchin' It

Tracy was working until 9PM.
Shelby had a sleepover with friends.
Kelsey was on a field trip with school and wouldn't return until 11PM.

I was a bachelor, in effect...and I found that after almost 17 years of marriage, I don't think I'm very good at it. You tell me:

6PM, right after work, grocery store run. Cheap steaks on special was my choice.
At home, unloaded other groceries, flipped through the mail, listened to answering machine messages, changed clothes.
Grilled petite sirloins and made scrambled eggs to go with them.
Watched the Rangers baseball game in my hammock, flipping channels periodically to check on the Mavericks playoff game.

(Tracy came home in the 7th inning but she had some work to do here after putting up her cameras and stuff, so she let my simulated bachelorhood continue until the Mavs game ended and then I picked up Kelsey upon her return to the school--a temporary lull in the bachelorhood)

Back to the hammock, family in bed, bachelorhood resumes...we have a portable TV with DVD player in it.
Watched part of Animal House on DVD. Skipped to all the funny parts.
Decided to watch Garden State on DVD, fell asleep about 5 minutes in, woke up at 2AM and went to bed.

I dunno. I don't think I'm very good on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home