Tuesday, May 17, 2005

What recovery "looks" like...

I was very sluglike on my day off yesterday...it was an abnormally busy day.

The most "productive" thing I did all day was go to coffee with my daughters. That time has become something I look forward to every Monday. Sometimes I get serious conversation and sometimes we just chat about what's going on, and yesterday was more of a generic check-in.

I came home and touched base with Tracy but she had a ton going on with her quaint little photography business. Side note: Anyone who buys into the myth that starting your own business gives you the right to be your own boss hasn't noticed that your customers are your boss and serving them with excellence can be very demanding. There are devils in details...and my wife is diligent, so she's a pretty busy girl. It worked yesterday because I really needed some time alone.

I hit the hammock, read the paper, came inside and checked blogs, read a few magazines (Moby interview in Relevant this month was very cool...it was on why he likes Christ and dislikes the church--good reading).

And then I took a nap. If you can call a 4-hour hard sleep "napping." It was more like a mini-coma.

Forced myself up to be there when the girls got home from school and goofed around with them some.

We ordered pizza as by dinner time everybody was tired...and then I killed a couple of hours watching the series finale of "Everybody Loves Raymond" and during commercials, checked the Rangers game.

I then hit the hammock, read The Great Evangelical Disaster by Francis Schaeffer--which I'm not sure is such a good read for someone with my punk rock sensibilities. A book that touts phrases such as "Truth demands confrontation. Loving confrontation to be sure, but confrontation nonetheless." (which I think I might make t-shirts with that on it) continually really only throws gasoline on my fire.

Then I went to bed...and I'm back to snuff. If I get 7 hours of sleep, I can guarantee you that my synapses will be firing on all cylinders.

Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home