Thursday, May 12, 2005

Reason I Love Youth Ministry, #26,793

Last night was my last "official" Bible study with this year's group of seniors. Sure, next week we'll play ultimate frisbee with all the guys, but it was our last time in the Word together. They seemed to have learned a lot over the year about God and themselves, too, which was cool to hear them talk about.

So, there I sit, having been PAID to study the Word all year to teach them, being PAID to be there (stuff I'd be doing anyway if I had a "real job")...

...when in reality I probably learned more from the process of teaching them...
...and they definitely taught me more than I actually gave back to them...

and there they are: Matt, Danny, Miles, Craig, Russ, Nurge, Sean, Brad, Andy and Chad...

...and during our "final" prayer time they thank God for me and tell Him how thankful they are for me.

You've *got* to be kidding me. How did it pan out that *this* is what I actually DO for a living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home