Thursday, May 05, 2005

Stuff I Observed Yesterday

I think it's pretty cool that I can sit in the purple chairs at Starbucks and firmly believe that the teenager sitting across from me is supremely talented. I used the word "supremely" measuredly.

That somedays the reality that you get paid to study God's Word makes me feel as if I've pulled one over on society.

People who serve passionately using their gifts and talents need to be adequately supported and encouraged or they get justifiably frustrated.

My senior pastor might be the most gifted teacher I've ever known.

Emotions always follow thoughts...and that most of Christianity gets that backwards to their detriment. While emotions aren't bad, they need to be evaluated in light of Truth.

That game where you add "in bed" to the end of fortune cookie statements is still funny to me...and apparently to other grown ups who've never heard of it.

Having the Internet in the office is a great way to keep up with an afternoon baseball game play-by-play. The pace of the game allows for work to get done and you can get an update every minute.

My staff is not only good at what they do, they're fun to work with.

Wedding planning takes almost all the fun out of the engagement period...especially once the bride and groom (or the parents) try to get their own way without really considering others in the process.

The junior/senior guys/girls get together (which can get dicey because they can ask questions in an open forum to the opposite sex) we have every year is eye-opening in the best possible ways. My reality is that I see more authentic growing spirituality in my teenagers than I do with adults in our congregation...these people challenge me and encourage me more than I can tell them. Their honesty is refreshing and their desire to serve each other is staggering. They rock my whole face off.

My wife's interaction with people in her photography business is a fantastic study of human nature. I'd imagine any retail business is, but my wife is a very clear thinker and reader of people, and she tells me stories that reveal a lot about how real people get when money is involved.

I feel guilty laughing at South Park after a long day, and that is a proper emotion once evaluated in light of Truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home