Thursday, April 28, 2005

So, Today I'm Thinking...

...I'm abnormally excited about the Juarez trip with my students this year, and I'm usually pretty excited.
...that the time I had with the sophomore girls Bible study last night was enlightening as to how spiritually sharp that group really is.
...it's cool that Nathan visited a middle school yesterday.
...Tom Cruise has no business dating Katie Holmes.
...God is up to something significant in my life because I'm getting the tell-tale signs of restlessness (which usually results in creative-thinking/vision bursts).
...that if you missed "End of the Century" the other night you missed a great documentary on why they were so influential yet unrecognized and underrated.
...that I've gotten an unusual amount of positive feedback on my sermon Sunday and I don't even know if it's online or not yet.
...the Rangers have weathered a difficult part of the schedule and are holding their own thus far (*fingers crossed for a long, interesting summer of baseball here in Texas*)
...that the NHL playoffs would be in full-force right now, which would mean late nights and emotion swings, and if I don't really notice them not being around, that league might be in serious trouble.
...the prophet Jeremiah is by far and away the most misunderstood and maligned person in Scripture (by those involved in evangelical circles) and I'm not surprised I "get" him.
...that I'm really proud of my friend Katherine for training for & finishing her half-marathon.
...that I have interesting friends all around me because I work with teenagers, and, the older I get, the more alienated I feel from grown-ups.
...I've been reading The Onion for years, and it still makes me laugh every Wednesday when the new edition comes out.
...some of the seniors who were miffed that I didn't mention them in my sermon as examples might want to ask themselves why that might be (instead of being mad at me), but I'd imagine that would involve more introspection and discomfort than they'd really want to do.
...since I mowed the lawn yesterday, I have a weekend with pretty much nothing to do.
...my wife and youngest daughter have been gone to Camp Classen with the 5th graders on their annual trip, and I'm ready for them both to come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home