Thursday, May 19, 2005

Daily Scribbles

I keep a small notepad close at hand most of the time and write down little observations and nothing really exciting happened yesterday, but I made a few notations. Here are some:

"I have no idea what a Sith is, or why one might need/want revenge. Many others know both those things, and I don't feel bad that I don't."

"Television weathermen use generalities and scenarios much like the people who write horoscopes."

"My girls came home with a turtle they found in a nearby creek. That stupid SNL song about 'Christmas Time Is Here' popped into my head, except I replaced the first word with 'summer time.'" (that skit is really funny, with Chris Kattan, Horatio Sanz, Jimmy Fallon and Tracy Morgan, dancing, in Christmas sweaters, playing a simple song on the guitar and keyboard singing simple words that sound like they mean something but don't mean anything...but they rhyme...I'm laughing just thinking about it)

"Working for a church is really cool when a large volunteer group has an appreciation dinner catered and we get good restaurant leftovers for free for lunch."

"Ultimate Frisbee is a great game for 'guy-bonding.'"

"The issues really boil down to one solution: Your walk with Christ. Everything after that is workable."

"Yearly reviews on church staff are generally pleasant because people care about me and my personal/professional growth. I don't think I could take them if it were only money at stake."

"Accepting personal responsibility sounds easy, but can be painful and difficult. When I bring it up, I can see people tune out."

"Baseball 'day-games' goof up my evening plans."

"I should prioritizeJohn Cook's latest gallery show on Saturday." (John invited our staff to his latest showing/opening...if you hit the link, click on "events" and scroll down to "John Cook." You won't regret it.)

"If it's true that music soothes the savage beast, the converse is also true = punk rock."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home