Thursday, February 03, 2005

State of the Union?

I missed the president's State of the Union address tonight, so I read it on-line. Apparently, there was a redress of the Social Secuirty issue and our president seemed pretty shrewd and savvy in a political sense by telling those over 55 they didn't have to worry...but the rest of us have to worry a bit about (pick one) higher taxes, fewer benefits and/or the volatility of the stock market. So, everybody wins...the older generation gets what they have coming to them, and our generation get reform of sorts.

There were also touches on gang violence, Palestinian peace and other hot topics. Namely, the reality that we're spending $1 billion a week in military spending during this war, and he's asking for another $80 billion. The way I see it, that's over a year and a half of more involvement in Iraq. That's difficult for me to comprehend, but I don't doubt they need it and at this point, I think you should see it through to the end.

I guess that's the state of the union at present.

I'm really not worried about anything he said tonight.

I'm more worried about the state of my ministry at present...and the state of my heart for God. Seems if I can square those things, then I'll worry more about the state of the union.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home