Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Five on the First

Stealing a page from several other blogs I've been running across, on the first of each month, I'm going to poll my readership and ask for a list of "five" things on a particular subject.

The inagural "five" question:

What five restaurants would you take a friend to, just for the experience?

Pete's Famous Hot Dogs in Birmingham, Alabama. The greatest hot dogs on the planet, bar none. No seats, no napkins, no plates and Grapico grape drink (or milk) pushed non-stop by Gus, the owner. The cheese beef all the way will be served in my dwelling place in The Kingdom, and you'll be getting Grapico, too.

Dreamland Ribs, Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The best ribs you'll ever eat, even if you're an Auburn fan...you gotta go with it. Eating on picnic tables, napkins, bread, and sides just on wax paper right at your table.

Two Boots Pizzaria, New York City. My sister claims there's a better pizza place in Seattle, but it's the best pizza I've ever eaten.

Lambert's Cafe, Foley, Alabama. Home of the throwed rolls (really, it says that on all the billboards, and they really do throw a roll to you when you raise your hand) and as real a Deep South eating experience as you can get in a restaurant, with a heavy diet of Lynard Skynard all around.

Hernando's Pizza, Winter Park, Colorado. Some transplants from New York opened a place with an incredible view of Winter Park/Mary Jane ski resort and some serious pizza and Italian food. Not to mention, they let you deface currency with markers and staple it to the wall.

So, where would you take me that I just gotta see for myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home