Friday, January 28, 2005

How Lucky You Are

That's a song I heard for the first time last night at a local high school's production of "Suessical The Musical."

My friend Melissa was in the role of a bird-girl and had a much bigger part than I was expecting.
My friend Russ played a cadet as well as a strong man in the circus.
My friend Rachel was one of the Who's and wore a tiara and ball gown.
My friend Kylie was one of the citizen's of Who-ville and had spiked hair.
My friend Ryan was one of the Hunches who helped Jo-Jo get back to Who-ville.
My friend Anna worked behind the scenes as a make-up designer.

In addition to that, my friends Sue and Donna who happen to lead one of my girls Bible studies as volunteers, attended the play with some of their small group to support Kylie and Anna. They brought my friend Anne who I'm hoping will get involved in leading a Bible study as a volunteer.

On top of all that, my friends Jude and Steve, who I work with, hung out with me as we were sitting near my friends Miles, Samantha and Kim.

Suffice to say that high school plays aren't what they used to be...this one had great costumes, high tech mikes and lights, and it seemed like everybody was so talented. They had a live musical score with the high school orchestra and all that. The crowd cheered loudly at times. The teens took their well-deserved bows.

And then afterward I got to see all my friends and how excited they were. They each autographed my playbill.

One of the themes of the play was never to forget how lucky you are, which the song reprised quite a bit. And I am lucky. I mean, I was at work tonight for crying out loud. I expensed the $8 ticket. Teens have allowed me into their world. I get to serve these incredibly gifted and talented young people FOR A LIVING!

But, you know, I couldn't get past the reality that my friends were involved in a very well done play on a Thursday night. What did your friends do with their night that was so great? I have great friends, and I am lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home