Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Good Luck Exploring The Infinite Abyss

Sometimes you'll hear a song, or read a line in a book, or see a movie or whatever that puts into words exactly what you're thinking, feeling and/or experiencing. I had one of those moments yesterday...

Anyway, it's an exchange between the lead character Andrew Largerman and his girlfriend Samantha in the seminal movie "Garden State" that occurred right after Andrew was exploring some of his thought processes and experiences by telling a story from his brutal childhood:

Sam: "You're 'in it,' right now. Aren't you?"
Andrew: "Whaddya mean?"
Sam: "My mom always says that when thinks that I'm like working something out in my head she says, 'You're in it right now.' And looking at you, telling that story, you're definitely 'in it' right now."
Andrew: "I think you're right. I am 'in it.'" (long pause)
I mean, whatever, alright, can we just change the subject right now?"

I'm definitely "in it" right now, and manalive would I ever like to change the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home